A single dose of the vaccine is at least 80% effective in preventing serious illness and death. Those who qualify should get their second dose as soon as they are able to ensure they have the greatest protection for the longest time.
Everyone born in 2009 or before (turning 12+) can get their first dose now. If you have already received your first vaccination, you may qualify for your second.
If your first shot was Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna:
- First dose in March or earlier – book second dose starting June 1;
- First dose in April – book second dose starting June 10; or
- First dose in May – book second dose starting June 28
- First dose in March or earlier – book second dose starting June 1
- First dose April or later – book second dose at least 8 weeks after the first dose
For more information, visit the government of Alberta’s Covid-19 website.